Wednesday 12 February 2014

Emily Harvey workshop

This week we had the pleasure of a workshop by Emily Harvey and with kind permission from her, I have included (if I've done this right) a link to her website on the right and this passage from her website.


I am a printmaker, making and exhibiting original prints and running courses in my studio near York, as well as leading creative community projects.

I love experimenting with different materials and techniques, collagraph printing is great for this as each printing plate is like a collage made using found materials and layers of tape and cement that are both built up and broken through.
The plates are printed onto soft paper, sometimes several times on one piece so the colours and images combine in translucent layers.

I use sketches, photos and notes to capture ideas that form the starting point for a print, the final image develops throughout the process of constructing the plate and inking it up. For me printmaking is an adventure, a combination of intention and technical skill combined with accidents surprises.


So Emily enthralled everyone with the process and I will have some photos on here very soon of the results.


http://emilyharvey.co.uk click here for a direct link if you don't see one on the right.














The ones above are Emily's , the rest are the workshop ones in various stages of production.



































I truly hope you have found yours amongst these. This is probably the biggest post I've done and my eyes have squiggly overload. 😍


And here's two pics sent to me Emily of the members hard at work.

















































 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments to any posts and or email enquiries to karlsimpson1285@btinternet.com