Thursday 8 October 2015

News from Jane Duke.

I received this email from regular Monk Fryston demo and workshop artist Jane Duke.

She seems to be taking a new direction. 

There are changes afoot in the studio
View this email in your browser

Hello all


In my last newsletter I mentioned that I would soon be telling you about some changes here. Those of you who have known me a while might know that I was principally a watercolour artist and portrait painter for many (many!) years until a chance conversation opened the door to printmaking. By then in my 40s, I went back to the classroom to start exploring this new world and since then watercolour has gradually taken up less of my time as I have developed a painterly style of printmaking.

I realise I have reached the point that I now define myself as a printmaker.

As well as cosmetic changes (did you notice the newsletter's new look?) this of course has other effects. From 2016 Stoneflower Studio workshops will be centred on printmaking. This means that the 'Absolute Beginners' watercolour workshop on 8th November will be the LAST ONE. As it happens, one of the people attending that day will be the 100th to come to this class designed for complete beginners, and so that seems like a fitting time to end it. I will have equipped more than a hundred people to set out on their own exploration and enjoyment of the amazing medium of watercolour and of that I am quite proud.

If you would like to be one of them then hurry down the page to the 'Book now'button - don't forget this is your last chance.

Also if you scroll down a bit further you will see that I am virtually giving away some of my remaining watercolour works in a half price sale

It's the final Watercolour Absolute Beginners workshop!


Join me on Sunday 8th November for the last 'Absolute Beginners' watercolour workshop. The aim of this session is to set you up with the confidence and basic knowledge to be able to start enjoying watercolour. We will practise different methods for mixing colour and applying paint as well as essential skills like stretching paper. We will cut through all the jargon and bewildering array of materials and techniques so that you can make sense of what you see in books and videos and in art shops and will know where to start the next time you pick up a brush.
Places are limited to just FOUR PEOPLE. The fee of £50 includes all your materials and refreshments - you don't need to bring anything. Workshop students also get the opportunity to buy work directly from me at a substantial discount. Click the button below to go to the bookings page.
Book now

Watercolour Sale


I need storage space for new prints so I am offering some unframed watercolours at HALF PRICE. They can be shipped worldwide. These are paintings which have previously been listed on Etsy and have now been relisted just for this sale. They range from tiny ACEOs to large still life paintings and nude life studies.The listings will not be renewed after this and the prices will not be reduced further (that's in case you're like me and hang on till the last minute when there's something you want in a sale).
Shop now

So what now for watercolour?


If watercolour is your thing and was your reason for subscribing to this newsletter then please keep an eye on my blog where demo pieces will still pop up and maybe the odd work in progress as I haven't given up painting completely. I am also looking at how I can offer intermediate/advanced watercolour tuition to small groups without scheduling a fixed programme of workshops - watch this space.

Thanks for your continuing support and see you next month.

Jane
Twitter
Twitter
Facebook
Facebook
Website
Website
Instagram
Instagram
Email
Email
Copyright © 2015 Jane Duke, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you have asked to be kept up to date with news from Stoneflower Studio.

Our mailing address is:


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments to any posts and or email enquiries to karlsimpson1285@btinternet.com