Wednesday 29 July 2015

Blogging

There was no actual club meeting this week due to the hall being used for other means I believe. so instead we all went to lunch at The Chequers Inn at Ledsham , and what a nice day it was despite the horrid weather.

So with no paintings to view I thought I'd have a chat about blogging.

If you get these posts as an email and all you do is view the email without actually visiting the blog then it doesn't register on the blog's statistics page and hence I'm seeing a decrease in viewings , so please take the email as a reminder that there has been a posting then visit the blog.

I think this link will take you to it.

http://monkfrystonartclub.blogspot.co.uk

However there is another reason other than the statistics. If you only view the email without visiting the blog you are missing the links to other websites and blogs I have on there.

Currently I have a link to Robert Brindley's blog, the Wistow Parish council website , Emily Harvey's  Collagraph website and Jane Duke's website.

Also there are reminders  down the right hand side of our most poplar pages.

There is also the fish to feed , they are looking a little slim !

So there's more to see other than just our work. I will also be updating the links to include many more very soon, and here's the exciting bit.

Do you want a blog ?

It costs nothing , it is easily updated from a PC, Laptop , Tablet and even a suitable mobile phone.

If anyone does want one just tap me on the shoulder next time you see me and I'll be happy to give some advice.

Below this paragraph there is a link to one of my favourite blogs that then has numerous other links to many other blog's which in turn have.... I think you get the picture. I start looking and find that days have passed without  my knowledge , lost in the web !! (press the home button when this happens or snap your feet together and repeat, "There's no place like home" three times)  :)

http://carolmarine.blogspot.co.uk/

If that doesn't work just type "Carol Marine artist" into Google and you'll find her.

Once you are in any blog there is generally on the top tab a link that says "next  blog" you can press that repeatedly to get a random but similar blog , another way to lose a few hours ! However be warned the more you press the more the similarity to the initial blog lessens.   I swear I eventually found a blog that showcased a lady who made Teddy Bears from navel fluff and another that made jewellery from toe nail clippings. I hope they never meet !

Lastly before I go here's my blog. All visits gratefully received.

http://karls-art.blogspot.com

Ciao for now ....now where's my toe nail clipper ?













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add comments to any posts and or email enquiries to karlsimpson1285@btinternet.com